The content below is for your information only. To fill and sign the document, you will receive a PDF version from us before you purchase your puppy.
This is a legally binding contract between Bee Haven Poodles LLC (referred to hereafter as “Bee Haven”) and the identified buyer, as signed at the bottom (referred to hereafter as “Buyer”), for the sale and purchase of one puppy (referred to hereafter as “Puppy”). Bee Haven and the Buyer agree as follows:
A. Bee Haven’s Responsibility
1. Bee Haven works to place each puppy in the “best fit” home based on the Buyer’s needs/desires and the Puppy’s temperament. The puppy will stay with Bee Haven until they are eight weeks of age.
2. Bee Haven does not guarantee size; temperament; and coat color or type, as dogs go through different coat changes, and colors can fade as they mature.
3. Bee Haven guarantees that the Puppy is in good health at the time of transfer of ownership to the Buyer.
4. Bee Haven guarantees that, upon leaving our home, the puppy has received the following: Detailed veterinarian exam, age-appropriate immunizations, deworming, health certificate, health record, and microchip.
5. Bee Haven will provide a free 30-day pet insurance policy through Trupanion. This policy must be activated on “Go Home Day.”
6. Bee Haven makes no guarantees in regard to the loss of the dog because of accidental death, theft, sickness, or any other loss beyond Bee Haven’s control.
7. The Puppy may experience stress brought on by environmental change and may show signs of illness (such as diarrhea), especially if there is a change of food or an introduction of treats. Usually temporary, these still need to be treated. A healthy immune system can be lowered immediately by stress. A stressed immune system is an ideal place for parasites such as intestinal worms, Giardia, and Coccidia to flourish. This is one of the many reasons we require the free 30-day pet insurance policy to be activated on “Go Home Day.”
8. Bee Haven provides a health guarantee that warrants against life-threatening, testable, debilitating congenital defects that would prevent the Puppy from being a companion pet until the Puppy is 24 months old. This includes kidney, heart, and liver problems, as well as epilepsy.
9. This contract and health guarantee is between Bee Haven and the Buyer as listed, and does not transfer if the Puppy is sold or if ownership of the Puppy is transferred to someone other than the Buyer.
10. The Buyer and Bee Haven agree to the terms and conditions of this health guarantee. By signing below, this constitutes a legal and binding contract and health guarantee.
11. Failure to comply with the requirements below will void the contract and health guarantee.
B. Bee Haven’s Health Guarantee
1. This health guarantee does not include hernias, heart murmurs (class I & II), retained (undescended) testicles, demodectic or sarcoptic mange, allergies, viral illnesses, infections, urinary tract infection, improper bites, stress-related illness, hypoglycemia, parasites (including Giardia or Coccidia), cancer, endocrine disorders, or autoimmune disorders.
2. This health guarantee also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals, or problems a puppy develops due to negligence or physical injury. Stress-induced illnesses, such as diarrhea from traveling/stress/transitioning, are not covered.
3. We also do not cover mild skin conditions, ear infections, occasional seizures, diabetes, or human neglect, as many of these can be alleviated through environmental or diet changes over which we have no control. We are NOT able to warranty against joint problems, including hip and elbow dysplasia, because joint problems can have both hereditary and environmental causes. We ask that you take great care in the feeding and exercising of the Puppy.
4. Other exclusions to this guarantee include but are not limited to: reactions to vaccines, over vaccinating, reactions to flea/tick treatments and preventatives, reactions to heartworm preventatives, or any eye problems that appear after the first vet check.
5. The Puppy is being sent to their new home after a negative fecal test. The Buyer is responsible for all medical expenses associated with the treatment of intestinal parasites if the Puppy is diagnosed after leaving Bee Haven.
6. To keep this guarantee in force, the Buyer must have the Puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within three business days from the time of receiving the Puppy. Proof of exam must be provided in an email within three days of exam. Failure to provide Bee Haven with vet records of this visit within the time frame will void the terms of this contract and health guarantee. If the examining veterinarian finds the Puppy to have a life threatening congenital issue during the first exam, written proof must be provided to Bee Haven within 24 hours of the exam.
7. Any request for a refund must be made within this 24 hour time period. The Puppy must be returned, at the Buyer’s expense, at Bee Haven’s discretion in good condition (other than the diagnosed condition) for a refund of the full purchase price. A second opinion may be required by a veterinarian of Bee Haven’s choosing at the Buyer’s expense. The Buyer must give Bee Haven permission to speak to any attending veterinarians and supply any requested veterinary records related to the Puppy’s condition within seven days of diagnosis. With a concurring second opinion diagnosis, Bee Haven will refund the Buyer within 10 business days. Bee Haven has no obligation to reimburse the Buyer for any costs incurred, food bills, travel, any paraphernalia bought for the Puppy, or veterinarian expenses incurred by the Buyer after the Puppy is purchased, including any expenses directly or indirectly related to any inheritable/genetic condition. Bee Haven performs genetic testing on all of its breeding dogs prior to them entering their breeding program; therefore, Bee Haven does not see any inheritable/genetic condition as an issue. If the Puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from Bee Haven’s chosen veterinarian, the Buyer waives all rights to a refund.
8. After the Puppy’s first exam under the Buyer’s ownership (within three business days from the time of receiving the Puppy), any suspected testable, debilitating, congenital disorder, except joint problems, must be confirmed by a licensed veterinarian by the time the Puppy reaches the age of 24 months. A second opinion may be required by a veterinarian of Bee Haven’s choosing at the Buyer’s expense. Bee Haven will require all records from the diagnosing vet(s) for submission to our veterinarian. The Buyer must give Bee Haven permission to speak to any attending veterinarians and supply any requested veterinary records related to the Puppy’s condition within seven days of diagnosis. With a concurring second opinion diagnosis, Bee Haven will refund the Buyer the full purchase price within 10 business days after return of the Puppy at the Buyer’s expense. The return of the Puppy will be at Bee Haven’s discretion and must be returned in good condition (other than the diagnosed condition) for a refund of the full purchase price. Bee Haven has no obligation to reimburse the Buyer for any costs incurred, food bills, travel, any paraphernalia bought for the Puppy, or veterinarian expenses incurred by the Buyer after the Puppy is purchased, including any expenses directly or indirectly related to any inheritable/genetic condition. Bee Haven does genetic testing on all of its breeding dogs prior to them entering their breeding program; therefore, Bee Haven does not see any inheritable/genetic condition as an issue. If the Puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from Bee Haven’s veterinarian, the Buyer waives all rights to a refund.
9. If the Puppy should die from a suspected, testable, congenital defect before the Puppy reaches the age of 24 months, a necropsy must be performed at the Buyer’s expense by a veterinary teaching hospital or state licensed DVM acceptable to Bee Haven’s own veterinarian. If the necropsy shows a congenital defect as the reason for death, Bee Haven will refund the full purchase price of the puppy. A written report proving the genetic disease from the veterinarian must be provided to our veterinarian. This warranty is void in the event of an indeterminable or inconclusive diagnosis. Proof of microchip is required to verify the identity of the Puppy. This warranty only requires Bee Haven to refund up to full purchase price. Bee Haven is not responsible for any costs incurred, food bills, travel, any paraphernalia bought for the Puppy, or veterinarian expenses incurred by the Buyer after the Puppy is purchased, including any expenses directly or indirectly related to any inheritable/genetic condition, travel expenses, shipping fees, loss of work, or pain and suffering.
C. Canine Parvovirus and Vaccinations
1. The Puppy is being sent home with current vaccines, and Bee Haven will inform the Buyer when the next vaccines are due. Please note, puppies are extremely susceptible to Canine Parvovirus. Parvo is most common in puppies from 2-6 months old. Parvo is often fatal. As most of our puppies go to their new owners at 8 weeks old, they have only had 2 of their 4 required boosters. The incubation period for Parvo is 6-9 days; therefore, we only guarantee against parvo for 6 days. If the Puppy tests positive for parvo within the first 6 days and the free 30-day pet insurance policy was not activated on “Go Home Day,” Bee Haven is not responsible for any cost incurred from treatment or the loss of the Puppy. This is because Bee Haven has no control over where the Puppy has been or what the Puppy has been exposed to once they leave Bee Haven.
2. Bee Haven is also not responsible for any cost incurred from parvovirus treatment or the loss of the Puppy if the Buyer exposed the Puppy to dog parks, pet stores, or the floor at the veterinarian’s office. The Buyer should also avoid exposing the Puppy to non-vaccinated animals, public grounds (such as at the airport, rest areas, parks, gas stations, etc.) until at least 4 months of age or when the puppy has completed their immunizations. This is because parvo lives in the dirt and can be transferred to the Puppy via the ground, shoes that have walked through contaminated ground, through contaminated clothing, and from contaminated hands. Do not touch other dogs and do not let people touch the Puppy. Parvo is highly contagious and easily transferred, and it can live on surfaces for many months.
1. Unless otherwise agreed upon and noted in the contract, the Puppy is being sold as a pet only, and the Buyer does not have breeding rights. The Buyer agrees to have the Puppy spayed/neutered. Failure to do so, or the production of a litter by the Puppy, either purposefully or accidentally, will nullify the contract and health agreement.
2. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to ensure that Bee Haven has received verification of the spay/neuter surgery from a licensed veterinarian, including the microchip number of the Puppy, to the email at beehavenpoodles @ gmail.com. Bee Haven will verify receipt of email. If no acknowledgement email is received by the Buyer, then Bee Haven did not receive verification of surgery. Failure to comply with this agreement by 12 months of age, unless otherwise agreed to by Bee Haven in writing, will nullify this contract and health guarantee.
3. Bee Haven must receive proper verification of this procedure from a licensed veterinarian, including the microchip number of the Puppy in the event you decide to invoke the health guarantee.
4. If breeding rights are granted to the Buyer, there is no guarantee of fertility of the Puppy.
E. Rehome Policy and Guarantee
1. Bee Haven understands that life-changing events may make rehoming the Puppy necessary. If the Buyer is unable to keep the Puppy, the Buyer must notify Bee Haven and return the Puppy to Bee Haven at the Buyer’s expense so a new home can be found. The Buyer agrees not to sell, give away, or otherwise dispose of the Puppy by means of placement in a pound, a pet shelter, the Humane Society, or a pet rescue group; nor may it be donated to any organization, cause, or person. The Buyer will be reimbursed the amount Bee Haven was able to obtain for rehoming the Puppy, minus any veterinarian bills and medications, any needed training (receipts will be provided), and the cost of food and boarding at $10 per day.
2. In the event that Bee Haven assists the Buyer in finding a new home for the Puppy while the Puppy is still living with the Buyer, it is understood that the Buyer is responsible for the expenses of the Puppy until a suitable home may be found, unless other arrangements have been made in writing and agreed upon by both parties.
3. This does not imply a financial commitment on the part of Bee Haven. Bee Haven will either accept the Puppy on a return basis or assist the Buyer in finding a suitable alternative home for the Puppy.
F. Puppy Owner (Buyer) Agreement
All Bee Haven Poodle and Doodle puppy owners agree to:
1. The Buyer will ensure that the Puppy is always physically and emotionally cared for, which includes providing proper indoor shelter, exercise, human contact, and training. Clean drinking water and a high quality food with no corn, wheat, or legumes must be provided for the Puppy’s nutritional health and long-life. We ask that you do not feed a grain-free diet.
2. The Buyer will seek immediate veterinary care in the event of sickness or injury and keep Bee Haven informed about any physical or behavioral health problems that arise, especially health problems that are known to be heritable or that have unknown causes.
3. The Buyer will maintain preventative health care of the Puppy including, but not limited to: yearly wellness exam by a licensed veterinarian; vaccinations; and monthly heartworm, flea, tick, and other parasite prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
4. The Buyer will maintain the Puppy’s coat with regular and proper grooming. Poodles and Aussiedoodles are prone to yeast growth in their ears so regular ear cleaning and maintenance is required.
5. The Buyer will be committed to preventing stress injuries by not allowing the Puppy to jump from heights greater than the Puppy’s shoulder height, etc.; and maintaining an ideal body condition score.
6. The Buyer will never tether the Puppy—or leave the Puppy solely—outdoors, or leave the Puppy for inordinate lengths of time in a kennel or cage. The Puppy must be allowed to spend substantial time in the home with people. Failure to do so will stunt the proper development, and the maintenance of the temperament, of the Puppy.
7. The Buyer will take care—if they decide to socialize the Puppy with fully vaccinated dogs—to minimize the risk of contracting infectious diseases such as parvovirus or kennel cough. Avoid public spaces such as pet stores, dog parks, grooming salons, etc. until the puppy is fully vaccinated.
8. The Buyer will ensure the Puppy receives balanced training, preferably using positive reinforcement.
9. The Buyer will ensure the Puppy’s microchip is kept up to date with current contact information.
10. The Buyer agrees to not let the Puppy participate in activities such as long distance running, jogging, moderate to excessive jumping, or agility training, during the first year of life since this can lead to hip dysplasia, patella, and/or elbow issues. Growth plates must be allowed to close and harden into solid bone before activities such as these are started.
11. The Buyer agrees that the balance of payment for the Puppy is due at the time the Buyer takes full possession of the dog. The balance of the purchase price is to be paid in cash, or through Zelle.
12. If the Buyer can not pick up the Puppy on “Go Home Day,” an additional $10 per day may be charged to the Buyer for boarding accommodations. The Buyer agrees to pay the balance of the payment for the Puppy on the original “Go Home Day.” If the Buyer does not pay the balance due on “Go Home Day,” the Puppy will be sold to another purchaser and the reservation fee will not be refunded.
13. The Buyer will ensure the Puppy is kept in a carrier or held in arms while in a veterinary office, and that the exam room is properly disinfected before all vet appointments until the Puppy is fully vaccinated. Do not put the Puppy on the floor, and ensure the room was cleaned prior to putting the Puppy on the exam table. It is recommended that the Buyer bring a clean towel or blanket for the table to be safe.
14. The Buyer has researched the breed and understands the requirements of owning, training, and caring for the Puppy.
15. The Buyer will notify Bee Haven of any change of the Buyer’s address and/or phone number for Bee Haven’s records.
16. The Buyer releases Amanda Heath, owner/operator of Bee Haven Poodles LLC, from damages by fault of the Puppy after time of sale. These damages include, but are not limited to, destruction or damage of property by the Puppy, and any liabilities from damage to any person or group of people by the Puppy.
17. The Buyer bears all costs relating to the sale of the Puppy, including transportation. The risk of loss or injury to the Puppy is at the Buyer’s risk at all times after the Puppy leaves the Bee Haven.
18. The Buyer assumes responsibility for all veterinary bills incurred by the Puppy after leaving Bee Haven.
19. Bee Haven wants the best placement for our puppies and your family, so occasionally we may refuse the placement of a puppy if we feel there is not a good match for you in the current litter. In this case, we will move you to another litter or refund your reservation fee at the Buyer’s request. Conversely, if the timing isn’t right for you and your situation, you may request your reservation fee be moved to a different litter. Although rare, we also reserve the right to refund reservation fees if, for any reason, we are not comfortable placing a puppy with your family.
20. Bee Haven has the right to retain any puppy for our breeding program, so not all puppies in a litter may be available.
21. Puppies are ready to go to their new homes at 8 weeks after a checkup with our veterinarian, receiving a microchip, and receiving their Florida health certificate.
22. A non-refundable reservation fee of $200 is due within 24 hours to Bee Haven to hold your selected puppy. We must receive your signed contract and health guarantee within 3 business days of placing your reservation fee or the Puppy will not be held.
23. All reservation fees are non-refundable unless Bee Haven refuses the sale for the sake of the Puppy’s best interest; in that case, the reservation fee will be returned.
24. The reservation fee can be transferred to an available littermate if the original choice of puppy is deemed unfit for sale. The reservation fee can also be transferred to an upcoming litter. Please keep in mind that the prices may vary according to conformation and color.
25. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
26. The Buyer agrees to pay Bee Haven a total sum of $ __________. This fee does not include delivery fees.
27. The remaining balance is due on “Go Home Day.” If the Buyer is picking up the Puppy directly from Bee Haven, then the balance is due in the form of cash on the day of picking up the Puppy.
28. This contract is valid for the Buyer and is non-transferable. Bee Haven reserves the right to refuse any prospective buyer or to recover any puppies that are exposed to abuse or mistreatment.
29. The maximum Bee Haven will cover on any claims for covered genetic conditions, invoked with this health guarantee, is only up to the price of the Puppy.
30. This is a legally binding document. In the event of legal action, the Buyer will assume all legal costs including, but not limited to: Bee Haven’s attorneys fees and legal costs. The laws and venue of the state of Florida, County of Pinellas, will govern this guarantee. Any legal action must take place in the county and state (currently Pinellas County, Florida) in which the seller (Bee Haven) resides. This contract and health guarantee is null and void if the above terms and conditions are not fulfilled by the Buyer.
31. By signing below, I acknowledge that I am 18 years or older, that I have read and understand the above contract and health guarantee, and the information regarding the sale/purchase of this puppy; and I agree to this document in full. Once payment is made in full, this contract and health guarantee becomes active immediately.
Bee Haven reminds the Buyer that Aussiedoodles and poodles are very smart animals that need consistent training, attention, and socialization. Puppy socialization classes are encouraged after the Puppy’s vaccinations are complete. We hope you understand our devotion to protecting your new family member!
You are always welcome to email me at beehavenpoodles @ gmail.com or call to ask questions about the breed, puppy care, our breeding program, and about how we select puppies for our adopting families. We love to remain in contact with our puppy parents and receive updates and photos throughout your puppy’s life!
A HARD COPY WILL BE PRINTED OUT FOR YOUR PUPPY’S RECORD FOLDER